The Memorial Hall was built in 1954 and dedicated to the memory of those who served their country in two World Wars. It is a Charity (No. 300901) registered with and regulated by the Charity Commission and run by a board of Trustees, representing the Hall users, in accordance with the constitution. The freehold of the building and land on which it stands is owned by the Charity and held specifically for its charitable purposes.
In 1967 a legal agreement was signed whereby the Parish Council rented a part of the Hall land to establish a children’s playground. This agreement was initially for 10 years but continues to this day.